Cheesy Sausage Frittata Recipe
Cheesy sausage frittata is one of those recipes that uses lots of super simple ingredients that you can easily pick up from the supermarket on the way home. It’s also extremely versatile — you can pretty much include whatever you like!
With just ten to fifteen minutes of preparation and another 40 minutes of baking, this easy frittata can be on your table with a some dressed salad leaves for a simple family meal everyone will enjoy.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this down to earth family favourite:
You could make this meal with sweet potato or pumpkin substituting for some of the potatoes, or you could grate zucchini or carrot or add some frozen peas if desired. Use chicken sausages, leftover ham or bacon instead. There are lots of ways you can switch this meal up!
Firstly, cook the potatoes as per packet directions — you could use normal potatoes for this instead of the tray of baby potatoes, but this just seems easier, you know? Then pan fry the sausages and slice thickly.
Now combine the sausages, potatoes, shallots, parsley and tomatoes in a casserole dish.
Now pop it into the oven for about 40 minutes or so. Your mileage may vary here, depending on your oven settings, and you may need to cover your frittata in foil if it starts to darken on top while it’s baking.
You’ll be able to tell when it is done when you slice into it and it is firmly set — no runny egg oozing out where you’ve cut.
Serve your frittata with some salad leaves for a cheap and easy family meal!
- 400g ready to steam baby potatoes with butter and parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sausages
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 6 eggs
- 300ml cream
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Microwave potatoes following packet directions, then chop into chunks. Heat oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Cook and turn sausages for 4 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board and cut thickly.
- Add sausages, potatoes, tomatoes and shallots to an oven-proof casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese. Whisk eggs and cream in a jug and pour over sausage and potato mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until egg is firm. Sprinkle with extra parsley and serve with salad leaves.