Roasted Sausage and Cherry Tomato Tray Bake
If you’re like me and are always on the look out for new ways to cook boring old sausages, then you might love this recipe as much as I do! Roasted sausages that cook up beautifully on a bed of cherry tomatoes, capsicum, red onion and herbs which blend together to make the most delicious sauce for mashed potato — yum!!
Here’s what you’ll need to get this on your table in about an hour or so.
Good quality pork or beef sausages, two punnets of cherry tomatoes, a red capsicum, red onion, fresh rosemary and thyme, dried oregano, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
I used two packets of sausages (six per pack) because we are a family of six, you could easily use less if you have less people to feed. I would keep the rest of the ingredients as per the recipe though.
Place the tomatoes, chopped onion and capsicum in a large roasting tray with the sliced garlic and herbs. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
This is what it will look like when it comes out! It smells like heaven at this point!
Serve on top of mashed potato with the roasted tomato and capsicum sauce drizzled on top. We really enjoyed this meal and will be making it again soon. I hope you enjoy it too!
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 1 capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh bay
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 12 good-quality beef or pork sausages
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Place the tomatoes in a large roasting tray with the capsicum, onion, herbs and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together, then arrange the sausages on top.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes, then remove and turn the sausages. Return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Serve sausages with herby tomato mix spooned over mashed potato and steamed vegetables.