- Published on Thursday, 03 January 2013 23:41
- Written by Rita - Aria Style & Image
Cher was really on to something AMAZING with her 'pick-an-outfit-today' computer program that she used to get ready for school. Cher who was played by Alicia Silverstone in the popular 90's movie Clueless, not Cher the singer, even though she could have benefited from such a program considering some of her wardrobe choices!
To have a gadget that can display every top in your wardrobe and match it with every bottom sounds like a dream come true – how easy would getting ready in the morning be?
Believe it or not getting ready in the morning can be a breeze without such a gadget! A more realistic and achievable alternative is to enlist in the services of a Personal Stylist who can take the stress, burden, and bore out of figuring out what to wear FOR YOU. It's as simple as having your wardrobe organised, de-cluttered, revitalised, and your pieces re-invented with the help of a Stylist!
Personal Styling is not just for celebrities, more and more stylists are being called upon by everyday men and women who need assistance in their wardrobes because a lot of the time they feel as though they have NOTHING to wear, or are unsure of what suits their shape.
Calls received by mothers is also on the rise due to women not knowing how to shop for their changed shape since having children; they want to look and feel good about themselves again, they would like to put themselves FIRST and for once would like to shop for them instead of the kids. It's amazing how many women we come across who look in the mirror only to brush their teeth! Instead what we try to implement during our Styling sessions is to have women smile at their reflections again, focusing on their face, their smile, their beautiful features and of course the entire body. By wearing an outfit put together by a Stylist like myself, women have a new self-confidence which comes from a place of certainty – about what their style is and how the clothes they wear reflects who they are, and where they want to go!
Since we are in the start of a New Year, now is the perfect moment to focus on you and get the momentum going for the rest of 2013. We all know the saying, if you want things to change in your life you have to change the things that you are doing, therefore if you are curious about getting out of your wardrobe-rut each morning, or you're interested in embarking on a Personal Styling Session involving a Shop or a Wardrobe Edit, then take the first step and have a chat with ARIA Style & Image, together we can work on making 2013 all bout you!
To get your 2013 wardrobe refreshed, here are a few of our quick and easy tips you can implement right away!
- First and foremost, get rid of any harsh metal or plastic hangers and use WOODEN HANGERS! If you value your clothes then you need to invest in these, they are super affordable and allow your clothes to hang without losing shape.
- Get fitted: Usually a neglected area, it is so important to ensure that you are wearing the right size bra that not only enhances your bust-line but offers great support as well, and ideally underwear shouldn't be too tight where it can ride upwards, or too loose and saggy.
- Move things around in your wardrobe! A big tip ARIA Stylists teach & do in a client's wardrobe is to re-organise items in different spots. Mixing things up encourages you to try on something different, getting more wear out of your clothes with more variety to choose from!
- Keep a Look-Book: Set the tone of 2013 by creating a vision board of not only your goals and aspirations, but also any outfits, fashion imagery, colours, accessories or designers that you like and admire also. What you come up with will be a reflection of your own style and personal brand, which you will be able to reference during the year!
At ARIA Style & Image, we ensure our clients are smiling when they look at themselves in the mirror wearing an outfit put together for them by a Stylist. They have self-confidence and the knowledge to achieve their unique style every day in order to reflect who they are and where they want to go!
P: 0422 487 702 (Melbourne based)
Follow us: www.facebook.com/ARIAStyleandImage